Demonstrate your in-depth knowledge and proficiency with Marketo
Earn the Marketo Certified Expert credential
The Marketo Certified Expert designation is a technical marketing credential that validates competency, expertise, and operational knowledge in the broad use of Marketo. We encourage all Marketo customers and partners to become certified.
Benefits of Marketo Certification
- Digital credential that can be easily shared and linked to all your online profiles.
- Globally recognized official designation and logo.
- For Jobseekers: Ability to stand out on Marketo Career Connect.
- Membership in the exclusive Marketo Certification LinkedIn group.
Understand the exam
- Approximately 75 questions
- Duration is 90 minutes
- The Marketo Certified Expert exam's minimum passing score is 70%
- Exams are scored based on the number of correct answers divided by the total number of questions
- Exams are proctored by Kryterion at local testing centers or online
- Before taking the exam, candidates must agree to the Marketo Certification Agreement
Ensure your success with the Marketo Certified Expert examTo increase your chances of success, Marketo recommends a combination of:
- Foundational marketing automation knowledge
- 1 year of experience as a marketing automation professional
- 1-2 years of general marketing experience
- 1+ years (800-1000+ hours) hands-on experience using Marketo
- Conceptual knowledge and understanding the business context of using marketing automation
Prepare for the exam
- Review the Exam Topic List
- Familiarize yourself with MCE Sample Questions
- Check out Marketo University Learning Paths
- Consider the Marketo MCE Prep Course
- Check out the Additional Study Aid Resources
Pay for the exam
Each Marketo Certification exam costs $225 USD whether you’re taking it for the first time, retaking it because you didn’t pass the first time, or getting recertified.
Schedule an exam
Create an account and register to take the exam at Webassessor.
The Marketo Certified Expert credential is valid for two years from issue date, after which time you need to take the exam again to be recertified.