Ten Effective Ways to Optimize Your Lead Management Process
Getting qualified leads to consistently buy your products or services takes everything from lead nurturing to scoring along with a full understanding of the sales cycle. To manage all of the tasks involved, there is the lead management process.
If done correctly, an optimized process creates more educated buyers, helps you understand the prospect’s needs – and ultimately leads to more revenue for your business.
So, how do you optimize your process? Consider a summary of the following 10 best practices:
Best Practices for Lead Management
1. Lead Nurturing – What’s lead nurturing? Simplified, it’s the process of building a relationship with your qualified prospects in hopes of turning them into sales. With Sales 2.0, you have a range of communication channels to engage with your prospects including: social media, email and phone.
2. Thought Leadership – To help along your prospect, use thought leadership to help them see their options and possible issues. By becoming a trusted advisor, prospects believe you understand them and they trust you with their business.
3. Sales Ready Leads – Work with your sales team to build out the criteria which tests if a prospect is ready for a sales call. What are the common signals they give off?
4. Score Leads – Good lead scoring considers many things including the prospect’s behavior. What email did they click on? What types of resources did they download and when?
5. Seamless Hand-Off – Giving the sales team as much information as possible is key to a seamless hand-off from marketing to sales. Give sales information such as: what has the prospect responded to or give sales templates for further interaction with the prospect.
6. Track Sales Follow-up – To refine your lead scoring criteria, make sure to regularly look at the leads that were classified as sales-ready. Now you can check on leads and either recycle them or make sure they get the attention they deserve.
7. Track Marketing – To be effective, you need to track every marketing activity and see which programs have the greatest impact on your sales pipeline. Make sure to track all impacts of your marketing programs and adjust accordingly for effective B2B marketing results.
8. Understand Needs – To truly connect with your prospects, you need to find out their needs. To keep that relationship fresh and sales ready, you need to continually learn about all their needs.
9. Track Anonymous Visitors – Just because a visitor is anonymous, it doesn’t mean they are unknown to you. With the right lead management software solution, you know what companies are interested in your products.
10.Quality Standards – De-duplication of lead data is essential. If you don’t have the right solution for checking duplicate information on things like forms on your landing pages, you end up with duplicate data and skewed lead information.
To get detailed information on optimizing the lead management process, download the full PDF: