Marketo Hosts Record-Breaking Virtual Tradeshow, Shares Secrets to Event Success
Marketo Launches Its Latest Comprehensive eBook, The Definitive Guide to Event Marketing
SAN MATEO, Calif. – December 12, 2012 – Marketo, the leading provider of cloud-based marketing automation software, today announced it hosted one of the most successful marketing virtual events of all time, according to event provider ON24. Furthermore, today Marketo debuts its new 124 page Definitive Guide to Event Marketing (#DG2EM), the latest in its award-winning series of eBooks. The new guide offers marketers tips,worksheets, and expert advice to get the most out of every event.
“We’d like to congratulate Marketo on its record-breaking virtual event. With more than 10,000 registrants, it set an ON24 marketing event registration record,” said Denise Persson, CMO at ON24. “And, because of the close partnership between Marketo and our production and creative teams, it was also executed in record time. This means that Marketo and its partners will see results quickly–a significant benefit.”
According to a recent Forrester report, virtual events are ranked as one of the top seven most effective marketing vehicles, even more important than social media tactics. Marketo’s online event brought more than 60 partner companies together to introduce its new LaunchPoint™ marketing ecosystem and to discuss the needs and challenges facing marketers today. The event resulted in a successful launch for Marketo, generated high quality leads and measurable ROI for sponsors, and world-class education and networking for attendees – all with fewer overhead costs for time, travel and resources.
In fact, according to ON24, whose platform hosted the event, this was one of the largest online marketing events in history. The event had 10,155 registrants – quadruple the average number 3,100 registrants to a virtual event – and 3,126 attendees – double the average number 1,590 attendees for a virtual event. In addition, there were 6,627 documents and 6,303 webcasts viewed – averaging two documents and webcasts per attendee, indicating strong engagement and responsiveness from participants.
“A solid marketing mix that incorporates event marketing is critical to connecting with as many potential customers as possible,” said Jon Miller, vice president of marketing at Marketo. “Following the success of our virtual event with the launch of the comprehensive Definitive Guide to Event Marketing is a great way to share our secrets and tips for creating successful events that drive reliable ROI.”
The new eBook brings 124 pages of best practices for events, covering topics such as:
- Why include events in your marketing mix?
- Overview of common kinds of events
- Big four reasons for events
- Staffing roles at an event
- Event technology
- Promoting your event
- Public relations for events
- Social media and events
- Online events – detailed tips
- Physical events – detailed tips
- Event follow-up
- The ROI of events
The guide has already received great reviews from leading industry influencers:
- “Business-to-business marketers rate in-person events as the most effective tactic they use, according to our recent research. Why is that? Well, as rich a tool as social media might be, nothing beats face-to-face.” Check out Marketo’s new ebook for a field guide of how to make the most of your own events, or event appearances!”
- Ann Handley, Author of “Content Rules,” Chief Content Officer of Marketing Profs
- “Events can be the ultimate secret weapon for interactive, personalized engagement that accelerates pipeline momentum. The Definitive Guide to Event Marketing is loaded with the insights you need to successfully participate in events—whether hosting or sponsoring; online or off.”
- Ardath Albee, B2B Marketing Strategist and author of eMarketing Strategies for the Complex Sale
- “Even in today’s fast-paced buyer-centric world, leading companies are successfully using events of all kinds to engage, nurture and convert prospects into customers. This all-in-one guide is full of best practices, new ideas and innovative tactics to significantly improve your event ROI in 2013.”
- Matt Heinz, President, Heinz Marketing, Inc.
To learn how manage a highly successful event for your business; download Marketo’s new Definitive Guide to Event Marketing.
About Marketo: Easy, Powerful, Complete.
Marketo uniquely provides easy-to-use, powerful and completemarketing software that propels fast-growing small companies and global enterprises alike. Marketo®marketing automation and sales effectiveness software – including the world’s first integrated solution for social marketing automation – streamlines marketing processes, delivers more campaigns, generates more win-ready leads, and dramatically improves sales performance. With proven technology, comprehensive services and expert guidance, Marketo helps thousands of companies around the world turn marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver.
Known for providing breakthrough innovation and fueling explosive growth, Marketo was recently named one of “America’s Most Promising Companies” by Forbes, the#1 Marketing Software Vendor on the INC 500, and the #1 fastest-growing private company of 2011 by the Silicon Valley Business Journal. In both 2011 and 2012 the company received the CRM Market Leaders Awards Winner for Marketing Solutions by CRM Magazine. Salesforce.com customers also honored the company with two AppExchange Best of ’11 Awards, forBest Marketing Automation Solution and Best Chatter Exchange.
Marketo and the Marketo logo are trademarks of Marketo, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
jen [at] marketo [dot] com